Quick tips to help you prepare for your Open House
People rely on more than just their eyes when they are shopping for a home. When prepping for an Open House or for individual broker tours of your home, keep all five senses in mind and plan accordingly. Here are some tips for the senses:
- Sight: Make beds, vacuum, clean up inside and outside. Place fresh flowers in 1-2 main rooms in the house such as – kitchen, family room or living room.
- Smell: Boil cinnamon, make cookies, pop popcorn.
- Hearing: If you have a sound system or some type of fountain, turn them on and make the house come alive!
- Touch: Make sure doorknobs and counter tops aren’t sticky - that's a huge turn-off!
- Taste: If you have time, leave out a snack as a welcoming gesture to your potential buyer.
Since not everyone will be able to make it to your open house(s), make sure to be as flexible as possible about allowing your home to be viewed often by potential buyers. In so doing…
- Make arrangement for your pets.
- Secure your valuables.
- Store medicine.
Contact The Schuman Team for more information about selling your home.